Mike holds an AMusA and has been playing music for over 30 years and teaching for the last 20. Mike teaches all styles, ages and levels. The piano lessons are structured and fun, you’re guaranteed to see progress weekly and will be playing songs before you know it.
BEGINNER PIANO LESSONS
As a beginner taking piano lessons, Mike will discuss with you your goals and ambitions and tailor a course that’s right for you, he uses a wide range of internationally acclaimed texts and his experience to get you started. Beginner students can expect to learn note reading, beginner piano rhythm and beginner music technique. Once a solid technical foundation has been built we’ll then explore the different piano genres available to a piano player like contemporary, pop, rock, classical, jazz, and we can also focus on Australian Music Examination Board Exams, musical theatre, etc. if that’s a particular interest.
As we progress, piano students will learn more notes, theory, styles, rhythms, improvisation and songs and will learn how to vary the sounds on the piano. Students will find beginner piano lessons fun and at their own pace. Students improvement and progress will be a combination of practice, motivation and by having a structured, fun informable piano lessons.
INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED PIANO LESSONS
Intermediate and advanced pianists who are looking to advance their playing technique and repertoire are advised to call so we can discuss your current technique, piano lesson history, your future goals, any exam requirements and performances.
By calling and discussing I can ensure we don’t waste any time and move on to correct technical development exercises in your first class.
Located in Potts Point, Guitar and Piano Lessons Sydney & Eastern Suburbs has an outstanding record of success with delivering great results for all our piano students. Mike uses his tertiary qualifications, composition and performance experience to ensure all piano students make substantial improvement and learn to enjoy and appreciate the piano. Like anything, practice makes perfect and at Guitar and Piano Lessons Sydney & Eastern Suburbs, I’ll inspire you to practice and become a complete pianist.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THE PIANO LESSONS
- Beginner Piano Lessons
- Intermediate Piano Lessons
- Advanced Piano Lessons
- Classical Piano
- Mastering Rhythm Piano
- Rock Piano
- Jazz Piano
- Piano Improvisation
- Piano theory
- Reading music for Piano
- Australian Music Examination Board Piano Exams
WHY CHOOSE MIKE FOR PIANO LESSONS
Mike creates an amazing, fun and relaxed environment where you’ll look forward to coming to as you work towards learning Piano mastery. Here are some great reasons to choose Mike for your Piano lessons
- Advanced teaching techniques enabling your to reach faster results and have more fun
- One on One lessons for 100% individual attention and personalised progress in the direction that you want to go
- over 20 years Piano teaching experience
- Over 20 years giging and playing experience
- Over 10 years recording and producing experience
- Group Piano lessons available for those wanting to learn with others or friends
- Resource Enabled Teaching Studio to allow for us to teach you any song you request
- Mike holds an AMusA and is a full time music teacher, player and composer
- online resources available for students to share and gain knowledge
- Walking distance from train station
- Silent Rooms
- Free parking
- Much more…
Location and Hours
Learn how to play Piano like a pro! All lessons are customised to your skill level and you’ll see progress weekly.
Guitar and Piano Lessons Sydney & Eastern Suburbs
17 Wylde St
Potts Point Sydney
MONDAY – THURSDAY
9am – 9pm